Marek Jakubowski, Associate Professor
Koszalin University of Technology
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Food Industry Processes and Facilities
Raclavicka Str.15-17, PL-75620
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV)
- Rheological and physical properties of food
- Mechanical engineering
- Alternative raw materials
Education and Position
Oct 2019 – Aug 2020
– Head of Department, Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Food Industry Processes and Facilities, Koszalin, Poland
Jul 2016 – present
– Associate Professor, Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Food Industry Processes and Facilities, Koszalin, Poland
Sep 2010 – Jun 2016
– Assistant Professor, Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Food Industry Processes and Facilities, Koszalin, Poland
DSc (habilitation) – Food Technology, Food Engineering (Agricultural Science), University of Agriculture in Krakow, Faculty of Food Technology
PhD – Machine Design and Maintenance, Food Industry Machines and Computer Simulation in Food Engineeering (Technical Science), Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
MSc, Eng. – Food and Agriculture Engineering, Food Engineering (Agricultural Engineering), Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Scientific activity profiles (include papers indexed by WoS and Scopus)
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1273-7224
- Scoupu: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=16316400100
- WoS: https://app.webofknowledge.com/author/#/record/1014442
- Publons: https://publons.com/researcher/2598025/marek-jakubowski/
- Mendeley: https://www.mendeley.com/profiles/marek-jakubowski/
- Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marek_Jakubowski2
- Assistant supervisor in the finished doctoral thesis of Monika Sterczyńska. Dissertation topic: " Technological aspects of beer wort clarification including the modified method of the hot trub separation using the whirlpool". The University of Agriculture in Krakow, Faculty of Food Technology, 27.09.2017;
- Supervisor in the doctoral thesis of Marta Stachnik. Dissertation topic: "Numerical analysis and experimental research on the flow of beer wort in the modified whirlpool". The Koszalin University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. Dissertation in progress. Assistant supervisor in the thesis Monika Sterczyńska, PhD.
Research and development projects (selected)
- 00001-6521.2-OR1600001/18/19, Technology of mechanical processing of carp on aquacultures and fish processing plants. Handbook, contractor and supervisor, grant financed by the Polish Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation and EU
- 00002-61724-OR1600005/10, A comprehensive system for processing carp into a modern food and feed products, contractor, grant financed by the Polish Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and EU
- N N313 429639, Development of simulation models and experimental research on the flow and separation of a separated mixture in a whirlpool, contractor and supervisor, grant financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- NR12 0125 10, Innovative design solutions for a smoke distribution in the smoking chamber reducing excessive accumulation of PAHs in processed meat products, contractor, grant financed by The National Centre for Research and Development
- N N313 136838, Identification of hazards and examination of conditions for ensuring effective cleaning of critical installation places in the CIP system, contractor, grant financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- 6w2R7/2007C/06940, Development and implementation of technology for the production of pro-health bread supporting the prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anemia, contractor, grant financed by The National Centre for Research and Development
- N502 008 32/0963, A simulation study of the influence of the swirl separator design parameters on the distribution and nature of swirls arising during suspension clarification, main contractor, grant financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- RU2729351-C1, Fish fillet cutting device, Ageev O. V., Savelichev A. E., Jakubowski M., Dowgiałło A., Fatykhov Y. A., Samojlova N. V.
- PL419602-A1, Whirlpool tub for use in brewing industry to remove hot sediment from beer wort a er cooking, has cylindrical tank equipped with bottom sealing and formed in octagonal shape, and arms connected with middle part of cylindrical tank, Stachnik M., Jakubowski M.
- PL407021-A1 Whirling device, has protrusion part located behind inlet, located tangentially to circumference of container and protruding from bottom edge of container corresponds to upper edge of inlet of filling part, Sterczyńska M., Jakubowski M., Tuszyński T.
- PL405400-A1 Smoking-cooking chamber, has flow deflectors connected to le and right chamber parts that are provided with lower outlets and upper outlets arranged at diﬀerent heights, where upper outlets are arranged at extreme of wall, Kubiak M., Jakubowski M., Diakun J., Dolata W.
- PL405399-A1 Smoking-cooking chamber, has deflectors comprising outlets with diﬀerentiated arithmetic heights, where lower outlet is provided at front face of another upper outlet in direction of rear wall, Kubiak M., Jakubowski M., Diakun J., Dolata W.
- PL388831-A1 Whirling type vat for use in brewing industry for refining hot wort, has power supplying tangential inlet pipes whose outlets are placed at equal distances from each other on perimeter walls of tank, Jakubowski M.
Work for journals
- Journal Editor
Associate Editor of the International Journal of Food Engineering (ISSN 1556-3758), IF2019: 1.022, Walter de Gruyter GmbH
- Editorial Board Member
World Academy of Science Journal (ISSN 2632-2900)
Journal of Kaliningrad State Technical University (ISSN 1997-3071)
Polish Journal of Food Engineering (ISSN 2084-9494)
- Journal Special Issue
Guest Editor of the Carpathian Journal of Food Science and Technology (2066-6845), 10(5), 2018
- Reviewer Board Member
Foods (ISSN 2304-8158),
- Reviewer (indexed journals)
Food Research International (Elsevier), Computers and Electronics in Agriculture (Elsevier), Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics (Taylor & Francis), International Journal of Food Engineering (de Gruyter), Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering (Taylor & Francis), Applied Science (MDPI), Carpathian Journal of Food Science and Technology (U.T. Press), AIMS Bioengineering (AIMS Press), IEEE Access, Journal of Water Process Engineering (Elsevier), Processes (MDPI), Metals (MDPI)
- International Society of Food Engineering;
- Polish Society of Food Technology;
- Polish Society of Theoretical and Appiled Mechanics;
- Polish Society of Food Engineering and Technology "SPOMASZ"
Organizational activity (selected)
- Member of the Council of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of the Koszalin University of Technology (2012 - 2016; 2016 - 2020);
- Member of the Committee for scientific degrees in the discipline of Agricultural Engineering (2012-2016; 2016-2019);
- Member of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering committee for the department's development strategy (2016 - 2020);
- Member of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering committee for the evaluation of academic teachers (2016-2020);
- Member of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering doctoral commission - term 2016-2020;
- Member of the commission for funding applications for young researchers and doctoral students (2016-2020);
- Member of the commission of the Faculty Team for the Quality of Education (2016-2020);
- Chairman of the Program Food Technology and Human Nutrition field of education (2016-2020).
- Member of the commission of Mechanical Engineering scientific discipline (2019 - 2020)
- The reviewer of 1 degree monographie, the reviewer of dissertation thesis (for ITMO University, Sankt Petersburg, Russia)
- Postdoc internship in the Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, R&D Department, Palmyra, PA, US, from 04 to 07.2011
- Author and co-author of 50+ scientific publications published in Polish and English, indexed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education list
- Author and co-author of 40+ papers presented at 13 international and 28 national conferences
- 10 awards for the scientific achievements of the Rector of the Koszalin University of Technology (2007-2018)
- The reviewer of grants financed by the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development.
Thank you and best regards to everyone who is involved, whom I was able to meet during my whole scientific activity. Science is a great adventure.